• Breeding Tutorial

Some basics before we get started.

You horse has five visible meters.

Fitness
    Speed
    Strength
    Stamina
    Endurance.

You can read the help file to better explain these.
    Also remember the numbers you see are not their true numbers, only a
    percentage of their ability. i.e. a horse with a 95 speed may be faster
    than a horse that shows a 100 speed because its hidden speed factor is still
    higher.

Your horses has some unseen meters as well.

Heart Determines how well the horse responds when challenged and
    the down the final stretch of the race. I'm sorry I don't know the exact distance
    but I believe its about a furlong and a half. Heart is not viewable at all. Not
    even by admin.

Start Speed. Or Gate Speed as its usually refers to. Determines your horse's speed
    in the first two furlongs of a race or work. You can get a good judge of this by
    comparing 2F works or monitoriing the first 2F split of works or races.

Also invisible are the breed numbers.

Your horse has an invisible breeding number for each of visible meters (except fitness)
    along with gate speed. Unsure if there is a heart factor as well for breeding.
    I assume there is but again we have no way of viewing it if there is.

So where we are when we breed two horses is we have 4 sets of numbers.

The sire's racing stats along with its breeding factors and another set from the mare.

First I guess its best to note that there is some randomness involved with any of this
    otherwise every horse you breed with the same parents would be the same.

To simplify I'm going to use 0-10 numbers on all meters

We have two horses we want to breed. We'll use speed for an example.

Your sire has a speed of 8 a breed speed factor of 4
    Your mare has a speed of 6 and a breed speed factor of 6.

With the above numbers a good number of your offspring are goign to have a speed of 6
    because the higher breeding factor will determine more of what the offspring gets. The
    the breed number the more likely it would be to pull the 8 from the sire instead of the
    6 from the mare even though the mare has the better breed number.

This is where bloodline really comes into play. The better horses you use and the better
    bloodline. The higher the breed numbers are apt to be and "pull" the better numbers for you
    offspring.

When looking at breeding pay close attention to the parents as well. As the better they were at
    racing and breeding the better chance your sire or dam will be a better breeder even if its not
    a good racer. As you can probalby see by now. With several factors involved all it could take is
    one bad number to make a horse not perform but it could have a very nice breed number from its
    bloodline just waiting to be tapped into.

When Lonestar did his tutorial in the chat room last year. He used the horse Marquis as an example.

https://www.digitaldowns.us/new_bree...?cc=1&p1=45257

This horse was obviously a sub par racer.

But a close look at the pedigree tells us a lot.

The Sire. Marla's In Rascal was a stakes winner that produced very nicely over
    its breeding career. Almost 5,000 credits per race for the offspring.

The mare though a create with limited pedigree information produced almost 4000 credits
    per race of its offspring.

Even though as I said. Marquis itself was a very poor racer. King G Racing noticed how good the
    blood in this horse was producing and took a chance on it as a breeder. Ending up himslef with
    a breeder that produced some nice horses and over 3500 credits per race on its
    offspring. All from a horse that at best was a low level claimer.

What can be learned from all of this.

With so many numbers hidden from view its nearly impossible to get a true view on any horses
    breeding ability besides the production from its offspring. So give any horse than you feel
    has potential at least a few breeds to see how it produces.

Obviously the best thing to take from this is to breed good races that produce with good racer that
    produce. Especially those that come from good parents who did the same.

You can simplify it is you like and say well breed monster horse with monster horse, but there's a lot
    hidden gems to be found when you start digging into the pedigree of horses

Odds are that in the next day or two maybe sooner. There will be a horse in a cheap claimer that is not
    performing but has remarkable parents that really produce. These are the horses that you may want
    to consider taking a chance on. Even if you have to claim them and just sit on them until
    they are old enough to breed.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Please give Lone Star Stables a chance to look this over before taking it all as gospel. Just in case I have posted something misleading.

Thanks and good luck,
    B.
    ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
    Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
    https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Working...
    X