TC Epsom Cup Grade 1 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC Epsom Cup Grade 1 preview and analysis

Purse 315,000, 3yo Colts and Fillies Wt colts 122lbs, fillies 120lbs, entry fee 35,000. 200,000 Added Purse. For Registered DD Breds only Stakes Grade 1

1. PREMIER LINKS(C) (DD-Royal Lytham/DD-Arradoul) Life 6 2 2 0 107750 Horse Rating 104.50 Speed Rating 107.67
    First time trying the turf for this horse and although he prefers the dirt the post position should help him here. He has tactical speed and also shown the ability to come from off the pace. The last race is a concern but his previous races would indicate he can run with these. Has a decent chance here.

2. GLOBAL HONOUR(F) (DD-Global Campaign/DD-Tiffany's Honour) Life 7 2 0 0 124850 Horse Rating 103.75 Speed Rating 110.14
    If you toss the last race assuming either the distance was too much for her or the instruction just didn't work, the horse has shown talent. Sporting a decent speed rating of 110.14 the horse appears suited to classic distance races 1 mile to 1 1/8 miles. The horse has shown good late speed and figures if there is a speed duel in this race, certainly not out of the mix.

3. SIR BOBBY DAZZLER(C) (DD-Game Winner/DD-Unique Bella) Life 16 6 2 1 895400 Horse Rating 103.75 Sped Rating 111.81
    Although I feel the horse would prefer a longer distance you cannot overlook the fact that he has won 5 stakes races and banked almost 900,000. I anticipate this horse to be on or near the lead and if he can clear early will be mighty tough to catch. Major contender.

4. SUPER ROYALTY(F) (DD-Super Saver/DD-Purse Strings) Life 13 3 4 2 493370 Horse Rating 104.75 Speed Rating 110.69
    Another who should contend for the lead early and he better get it or he will be in trouble. The distance might be a stretch for him as he definitely is more of a sprinter. I expect he will try for the lead and may get caught out wide, in any case, will have to wait and see if this one can handle the distance. My gut tells me probably not and therefore I must pass here.

5. HAMMER TIME BMS(C) (Ragnarok-bms/Gaara Bms) Life 12 2 4 4 315230 Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 110.58
    Super consistent type who has hit the board in 10 of 12 lifetime and banked over 300,000. Has never finished worse than 1 length off the winner in any of his races and the distance should prove no problem. He figures well here.

6. SONIC THUNDERBOLT(F) (DD-Sunday Silence/DD-Expo Gold) Life 22 6 0 2 504900 Horse Rating 105.00 Speed Rating 110.14
    Has won 3 times at this distance but all coming from gate 1, he doesn't get that advantage tonight. He is , however, a consistent sort but I feel he is in for a trouble trip here because I don't see him getting a clear lead and that means a wide trip and probably a fading effort.

7. TARYNGOTTHREEINAROW(F) (DD-Russian Camelot/DD-Raven's Claw) Life 11 3 1 3 239460 Horse Rating 99.50 Speed Rating 110.55
    Last race might be an indication that this horse might be off form as she didn't show any late speed at all. Normally has a strong late kick and should be coming at the end if in form but I don't see her getting up in time against these.

8. BEHOLD THE FUTURE(F) (DD-Instilled Regard/DD-Swiss Skydiver) Life 7 3 1 1 290010 Horse Rating 105.50 Speed Rating 112.14
    The connections are very high on this horse's racing future and why shouldn't they be. In the money 5 out of 7 lifetime starts and already has 2 stakes wins under her belt. She looks like she can run all day and would be my top choice if this were a longer race. Her results are mixed at these classic distances and therefor I will have to pass on her here.

9. INYANGA IND(C) (Unnamed77394/Expensive Process) Life 10 3 0 0 437800 Horse Rating 105.25 Speed Rating 108.40
    This horse is an all or nothing proposition as has won 3 of 10 lifetime starts but has not even hit the board in any of the other races. Recent races would indicate he is off form and unless he can turn things around drastically cannot recommend.

My selections: 3-1-5-2
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD

Nice write-up...
    my choices would be 2-3-8-5 super key and trifecta key
    and probably use the 3 on top he looks dangerous. so 3-2-8-5 keys

btw, my horse 'Global Honour' is setup to tuck so the 3 shouldn't have any problem going for the lead. Lots of speed in here so hope we don't back too far. Then who knows, when I wake up later, I may change instruction.

Comment

thanks for the comments Chrisman, they are much appreciated. If there is any info you guys would like me to incorporate into the previews please let me know I am always open to suggestions to make the product better. I can't say I will add all suggested info but would definitely consider all suggestions.
      STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
      LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
      HANDICAPPING DUD

Comment

Working...
      X