*Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #3 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #3 preview and analysis

09/10/2021 21:25 41 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #3
    Purse 259,000, 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 4 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 7,000. For Registered DD Breds only

1. VIRTUAL KING BD(C) (DD-Whirlaway/DD-Winning Colors) Life 18 1 5 5 215810 Pancho Racing Stables
    Horse Rating 106.50 Speed Rating 107.78 M/L 5-1
    He has some late speed which should help him tonight. The main concern here is he broke his maiden in the last leg of the eliminator so he might be camera shy. One win in 18 starts does not give me confidence that he can repeat that performance, he does have a total of 11 in the money finishes out of those 18 starts so a minor award is certainly within reach.

2. THE CON MAN(C) (DD-Whirlaway/DD-Con Te Partiro) Life 10 1 4 0 131780 Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 106.50 Speed Rating 109.40 M/L 5-1
    He has some late speed and has back class as well. He just missed winning a Grade 1 race at 1 1/8 miles on 7/29/2021. He has finished first or 2nd in half of his races and I anticipate with a short field he will be right there at the wire. My upset special.

3. GUACK(C) (Eckamole/Speedamole) Life 7 2 2 0 58550 Chrisman
    Horse Rating 100.00 Speed Rating 112.14 M/L 3-1
    He is a perfect 2 for 2 in the series so far with come from behind wins in both. He looks like a dangerous horse who can close with the best of them, must be considered a major player tonight.
    If he can establish inside position before the 2 horse does he will be tough to beat, if the 2 horse can get that position it m ight be a different story. Should be an interesting finish here.

4. OVALTINE JENKINS(C) (DD-The Process/DD-Beatrix Potter) Life 11 2 5 1 93690 Tumbleweed Ranch
    Horse Rating 102.00 Speed Rating 107.45 M/L 2-1
    This colt seems to be in peak form at the moment and I anticipate he will be closing hard in the stretch. The odds makers have made him the morning line favorite but I feel he might have a hard time tonight unless he can get position and there are 2 other horses to his inside that will also be vying for position, just comes down to who can get that rail position first. A contender tonight for sure.

5. WAR OF ENABLE(C) (DD-War of Will/DD-Enable (GB)) Life 7 1 0 0 22170 Nemesis
    Horse Rating 107.25 Speed Rating 109.71 M/L 6-1
    He strikes me as more of a sprinter than a classic type horse. He has speed and should be on or near the front but he has shown that when pressured he backs off a bit and I anticipate he will be pressured tonight, must pass.

6. MY COLD DEAD HANDS(C) (DD-Liam's Map/DD-Marla) Life 4 1 1 0 28120 Foggydan Farms
    Horse Rating 105.50 Speed Rating 107.00 M/L 4-1
    Lightly raced colt out of the sire Liam's Map who seems to throw runner after runner, really like that sire. Might have finally found his distance as he has had 2 very good races in this series. The first being a gate to wire victory and his last a strong closing 2nd when it appears he missed his break entirely. Has to figure prominently tonight and I feel his best chance at the winner's circle would be to come from off the pace, not sure he is fast enough to get a clear lead from outside and if he tangle with the other speed might get caught out wide the whole trip.

My selections: 2-3-6-1
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X