Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #4 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #4 preview and analysis

09/10/2021 21:25 42 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Heat #4
    Purse 259,000, 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 4 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 7,000. For Registered DD Breds only

1. DEMON H(G) (DD-Without Parole/DD-Demure) Life 7 3 0 2 82520 Pancho Racing Stables
    Horse Rating 107.25 Speed Rating 108.86 M/L 2-1
    The morning line favorite and for good reason. He has won both previous heats in this series and gets the rail tonight. Winner of 3 of 7 lifetime starts he already has won at this distance from gate #1. He has shown the ability to rate just off the pace as well as come from far back to win. The horse to beat tonight.

2. MISS EMELIA(F) (DD-The Process/DD-Thundering Emilia) Life 4 1 1 1 38800 Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 98.00 Speed Rating 106.50 M/L 5-1
    She is in a prime position to get the rail early here if she lets the #1 horse get the front. Has looked good so far in the series and I anticipate a good effort from her tonight. Not sure she could catch the #1 if he gets the lead but I think a minor award is in order for her and she should move on to the next round.

3. VEGAS BEACH(C) (DD-Lope De Vega/DD-Beach Walk) Life 8 1 2 3 78520 Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 101.75 Speed Rating109.13 M/L 4-1
    He has the speed to vie for the lead tonight and has finished in the money in 6 out of 8 lifetime starts. I feel he is more of a sprinter than a classic horse and might not handle the trip well when pressured by other horses. Must pass.

4. HANDMAIDS TALE(F) (DD-Aurelius Maximus/DD-Panty Raid) Life 7 1 0 3 36480 And More Racing Stable
    Horse Rating 105.75 Speed Rating 108.14 M/L 5-1
    Her father is the great sire Aurelius Maximus who has produced some very good runners. She has shown she can come from off the pace or sit up near the leaders and run them down in the stretch. I feel the race might be a little shorter than she would like but with a short field she rates a decent chance this evening.

5. AWAY THEY GO(C) (DD-Kluger/DD-Yawkey Way) Life 5 1 2 1 55820 Chrisman
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 109.20 M/L 3-1
    Pretty consistent colt who has only had 1 bad race in his past performance chart. Has shown flashes of late speed and in a short field there won't be too much jostling in the race. If he can get position he might be tough in the stretch, really shaping up to be a wild finish in this one with 3 or 4 horses coming hard in the stretch.

6. STOPGAP(C) (DD-Aurelius Maximus/DD-Marla) Life 3 0 0 2 9980 Nemesis
    Horse Rating 106.00 Speed Rating 109.33 M/L 6-1
    Stalking type who looks to me like he will be up near the front tonight. Has not shown enough speed for me to feel he can get the front and with 3 or more horses closing in the stretch I don't like his chances tonight, must pass.

My selections: 1-2-4-5
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X