*Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #2 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #2 preview and analysis

09/18/2021 21:10 26 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Semi-Final 4yo C/F Heat #2
    Purse 144,000, 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 6 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 9,000. 125,000 Added Purse. For Registered DD Breds only

1. CUBAN COMPOUND(F) (DD-Havana Gold/DD-Estate) Life 5 2 1 0 0 58970 Foggydan Farms
    Horse Rating 104.75 Speed Rating 107.33 M/L 4-1
    Stalking type horse who is coming off of consecutive wins in this series and should be forwardly placed this evening. He has the tactical speed to control the pace of the race and coould easily grab the lead from gate #1 if he wants it. Must be considered a major player tonight and should easily move on to the finals.

2. PURELY MAGIC(F) (DD-Liam's Map/DD-Magical) Life 8 2 1 1 68270 Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 102.75 Speed Rating 107.17 M/L 5-1
    She is equally comfortable going to the front or coming from off the pace and has been very consistent throughout the series. I anticipate she will be forwardly placed this evening and might actually grab the lead early, the question is, if she does that, will she have enough left in the tank to hang on until the wire? Only time will tell but she does figure to move on tonight.

3. AWAY THEY GO(C) (DD-Kluger/DD-Yawkey Way) Life 7 2 2 2 89780 Chrisman
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 109.20 M/L 3-1
    Stalking type who has not been off the board this season, should be forwardly placed which might get him into some trouble tonight. He has the talent to run with these but he might get caught out wide with both the 1 and 2 horses likely to be pushing the pace, if that is the case he might not be able to hang in there until the wire.

4. STOPGAP(C) (DD-Aurelius Maximus/DD-Marla) Life 5 1 0 2 37220 Nemesis
    Horse Rating 106.00 Speed Rating 109.33 M/L 7-1
    He has early speed and I am guessing we will see it tonight. The problem is I don't believe he is fast enough to get a clear lead and that might be his undoing this evening. If he can't get a clear lead he is most likely going to be caught out wide and probably fade in the stretch, looking elsewhere for the winner.

5. TURKISH CHARM(F) (DD-Samsonite/DD-Estate) Life 4 0 0 2 14840 And More Racing Stable
    Horse Rating 101.75 Speed Rating 105.00 M/L 8-1
    Another fast horse who will be gunning for the lead, not sure he can get a clear lead and if she doesn't she is in for a long night tonight. She has only raced 4 times in her career but has yet to find the winner's circle, I feel that streak will continue tonight so I must pass.

6. DEMON H(G) (DD-Without Parole/DD-Demure) Life 9 4 0 2 106580 Pancho Racing Stables
    Horse Rating 107.25 Speed Rating 108.86 M/L 2-1
    He has been installed the morning line favorite tonight but his best efforts have been from inside posts. Stalking type who might find it difficult to get position tonight so he might be a false favorite. Prior to his last race he had won his first 3 heats but last race he faded to 4th and barely moved on to this round. I am looking elsewhere for the winner this evening.

7. CUCKOO 4 COCOA PUFFS(F) (Dazzling Cuckoo/Square Deal) Life23 2 7 3 206470 Sweet Stables
    Horse Rating 102.50 Speed Rating 108.48 M/L 6-1
    She is another in the field who just barely got into this semi final finishing 4th last race. Her best efforts have come from inside posts and tonight she draws gate #7. She has had mixed results from middle to outside posts at this distance and the fact she only has 2 wins from 20 career starts is a bit concerning. Must pass.

8. SUPER DAVE OSBORN(C) (DD-Super Saver/DD-Demure) Life 12 2 1 4 155580 Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 106.50 Speed Rating 109.30 M/L 5-1
    One thing is a guarantee, you will not see him among the early leaders this evening. He comes from way back each and every race. On the bright side for him tonight is he should have a decent pace to chase coming for home. He just cannot afford to spot the field 6 or 8 lengths and expect to pick them all up. I feel a minor award is probably in his future, but he does have the potential to upset the apple cart and find the winner's circle.

My selections: 1-6-8-2
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X