*BC Southern Juvenile Cup G1 Heat #1 preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *BC Southern Juvenile Cup G1 Heat #1 preview and analysis

10/15/2021 22:05 41 Gulfstream DD 5f = 1000m Turf Firm BC Southern Juvenile Cup G1
    Purse 98,000, 2yo Colts and Fillies Wt colts 120lbs, fillies 118lbs, entry fee 15,000. 50,000 Added Purse. For Registered DD Breds only Stakes Grade 1 HEAT 1

1. THUNDER SEABREEZE(G) (Found Some Thunder/Seabiscuit Folie) Life 3 2 0 1 44000 Whymea Farms
    Horse Rating 103.25 Speed Rating 110.00 M/L 2-1
    Speedy gelding who looks to take them gate to wire here tonight. His last 2 races were gate to wire victories and I anticipate he will have the lead and must be considered a major threat. Trying turf for the first time so we will see how he handles it.

2. FUTURE GLUE(F) (DD-Twenty Grand/DD-Vodka Time) Life 3 1 1 0 22400 Nemesis
    Horse Rating 102.75 Speed Rating 112.00 M/L 6-1
    She has shown some early pace and should be up near the lead, she doesn't look quite as fast as THUNDER SEABREEZE to the turn and that might be problematic for her. I anticipate she will be hung wide going into the turn and that might cause her to fade coming for home, must pass.

3. AUTUMN WISH(F) (Kolts Excellent Wish/Autumn Almanac) Life 2 2 0 0 66000 Winning Ways
    Horse Rating 105.75 Speed Rating 113.00 M/L 3-1
    She is 2 for 2 in her career, both at this distance, both closing efforts. I think the race sets up nicely for her as she should be the first to get inside position and she will then try and close against the early speed. Rates a decent chance here tonight.

4. GLOBAL RESTRICTIONS(C) (Taylorsglobaltrip/Conspiracy Temple) Life 2 1 0 1 34480 Winning420
    Horse Rating 100.25 Speed Rating 114.50 M/L 5-1
    I think this horse would prefer a longer distance than he gets tonight, that being said he did have a fine closing effort
    in the BC Value City G2 where he ended up 3rd just missing the winner's circle. He might not get a decent lane to run in tonight but I feel a minor awar is well within his reach.

5. GOLD TONIC(F) (DD-Man O' War/DD-Go for Wand) Life 2 1 0 1 23570 Shiftys
    Horse Rating 103.00 Speed Rating 116.00 M/L 5-1
    She has never raced in this short a race in her young career so don't have much to go on. Would be a shock if she could find the lead here as her workouts indicate she is more of a classic distance horse. I will take a wait and see approach to her, let's see if she can handle the distance, must pass tonight.

6. LIGHT FROM THE NORTH(F) (Free 5ex/Selby Mannor) Life 1 1 0 0 22000 And More Racing Stable
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 119.00 M/L 4-1
    She won at first asking in a maiden special weight which is always a good sign. She went wire to wire and posted a great speed rating of 119, the highest of any of the horses in this race. She will be going for the lead and if she can get a clear lead migh be tough to catch tonight. The only horse that matches her early speed in this race is #1 which tends to make me believe she might get caught out wide coming from gate #6, while I like he, I am looking elsewhere for the winner.

My selections: 3-1-6-4
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X