Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Eliminator Round 1 4yo C/F Race #21 Churchill preview and analysis

01/03/2022 20:15 21 Churchill DD 1m Dirt Fast Eliminator Round 1 4yo C/F
    Purse 48000 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won a race, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 7,000

1. BOMBSHELL (CA)(F) (DD-Weigelia (PA)/DD-Honorable Miss (KY)) Life 0 0 0 00
    TR: And More Racing Stable BR: Shiftys
    Horse Rating 101.50 Speed Rating 0.00 M/L 2-1
    First time starter out of the And More Racing Stable who has been installed as the morning line favorite, and I'm not quite sure why. All we have to go on are her works which are decent but there are others in the race with much quicker works, so I will take a wait and see attitude toward her.

2. BRODIE (KY)(C) (DD-Safe Bet (KY)/DD-Before You Go (CA)) Life 7 0 0 3 20200
    TR: Bobby Dazzler BR: Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 105.75 Speed Rating 108.57 M/L 7-1
    He is trying this distance for the first time and has some decent recent works. The problem I see with him is he appears to be a one paced horse, not seeing much early pace or late closing ability. He has run in the money in 3 of 7 starts but has not found the winner's circle as of yet. I rate him a decent chance at part of this purse but looking elsewhere for the winner.

3. LEROY THE GREAT (FL)(C) (DD-Great Above (KY)/DD-Enhancing (KY)) Life 0 0 0 00
    TR: Totoro Stables BR: Northland
    Horse Rating 103.50 Speed Rating 0.00 M/L 3-1
    Another first time starter who is rated the 3-1 second betting choice by the track handicapper. All I can base my predictions on are the workouts which appear to be pedestrian compared to others in the race so I must pass.

4. SMOOTH DANCER (PA)(F) (DD-Native Dancer (KY)/DD-Smooth Quality (CA)) Life 8 0 2 2 25050
    TR: Star Of The Desert BR: Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 102.75 Speed Rating 109.75 M/L 5-1
    Stalking sort who might very easily find herself on the lead in this race. She has hit the board in half of her 8 races while not yet finding the winner's circle. She has a recent blazing workout over this distance and if she can transfer that work to the track she will be mighty tough to beat tonight.

5. BIG FORTUNE (FL)(F) (DD-Mr Big (CA)/DD-Idle Fortune (KY)) Life 2 0 0 1 7040
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 102.25 Speed Rating 108.00 M/L 5-1
    Only 2 races to his credit, they were both in last season's eliminator series. His first round effort last season was a good one, the second round looks like he may have been caugh out wide with no place to run so I tend to ignore that race. He has a blazing recent workout as well and I anticipate he will put forth a good effort tonight. Must be considered a major player.

6. TRADITIONAL TRAMP (FL)(M) (Middle Runner (FL)/Tevennec Tramp (FL)) Life 2 0 1 0 6000
    TR: Polaris Bloodstock BR: Polaris Bloodstock
    Horse Rating 97.75 Speed Rating 108.00 M/L 4-1
    This mare is an entry from Polaris Bloodstock, a wily trainer here at DD. She hasn't raced in over a year but has some decent works at this distance coming off the layoff. She should be stalking the leaders early and if she can somehow get inside position might have a say in the outcome of this race.

7. ROYAL ANTHEM (KY)(G) (DD-Royal Lytham (KY)/DD-Azeri (KY)) Life 6 0 0 0 1000
    TR: Sweet Stables BR: Dynamo
    Horse Rating 100.75 Speed Rating 107.83 M/L 8-1
    He is a mid range claimer who has yet to show any interest in the winner's circle. Until he shows me he can run with these I have to pass.

8. NEMESIS THUNDER (NY)(H) (DD-Tiz The Law (KY)/DD-Rachel Alexandra (KY)) Life 10 0 3 1 35550
    TR: Nemesis BR: Nemesis
    Horse Rating 108.25 Speed Rating 108.60 M/L 6-1
    Stalking type who should vie for the early lead here tonight. He has the highest horse rating in the race and could prove difficult to catch if he can grab a clear lead. Must be considered a major player here tonight.

My selections: 4-5-8-6
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X