*Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Race #16 Churchill preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F Race #16 Churchill preview and analysis

01/11/2022 20:30 16 Churchill DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Round 3 4yo C/F
    Purse 56,000 (Plus up to 5600 for KY-breds), 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 4 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 9,000

1. ROYAL ANTHEM (KY)(G) (DD-Royal Lytham (KY)/DD-Azeri (KY)) Life 8 0 1 0 15100
    TR: Sweet Stables BR: Dynamo
    Horse Rating 100.75 Speed Rating 107.38 M/L 7-1
    He has shown some late speed in his 2 efforts so far in this series and getting gate #1 should help him establish inside position. He has yet to win a race in his career which is concerning and his workouts are not as good at this distance as some others. A minor award is a strong possibilty tonight but looking elsewhere for the winner.

2. STAR LEADER (CA)(H) (Enabled Leader (NY)/Star Catcher) Life 2 0 0 1 8820
    TR: Nemesis BR: Closutton
    Horse Rating 104.75 Speed Rating 106.50 M/L 5-1
    Stalking sort who should find himself near the lead early on in the race. Looks like a one paced pony as he doesn't show any late pace at all and I can't go by his workouts as there are none showing at this distance. For those reasons I must pass.

3. DISCREET MISSY (PA)(F) (DD-Discreet Lover (KY)/DD-Demure (KY)) Life 2 0 0 0 4020
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 100.50 Speed Rating 106.00 M/L 6-1
    Looks like she could easily get the early lead if she wants it buit also looks like stamina might be a problem. Her workouts at this distance are better than others in here and she rates a decent chance tonight. A player for certain and the 6-1 odds makes her viable in the tipping contest as well.

4. PRINCESS ECHO (KY)(F) (DD-Whiskey Ecko (KY)/DD-Like a Queen (KY)) Life 15 1 2 5 85595
    TR: Extreme Studs BR: Extreme Studs
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 107.53 M/L 4-1
    Early on in her career she was a speed horse, looks like as she has aged she has become more versatile, or perhaps the connections have changed up the jock instructions on her. She has the sped to grab the early lead if she wants but her last 2 races she preferred to let the speed horses run and then put on a furious charge in the stretch. In any event she must be considered a major player tonight.

5. HAVANA GOLD (NY)(F) (DD-Cigar (KY)/DD-Taris (KY)) Life 12 1 3 3 96045
    TR: Star Of The Desert BR: Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 106.25 Speed Rating 108.67 M/L 3-1
    Her connections had might high hopes for her when she first came on the scene, but she didn't live up to those expectations. Finally, at 4, she appears to be coming into her own as she has run 2 very good races in this series. She has lightening workouts for this distance and appears to be fit and if she runs tonight like she did her previous 2 races she should find the winner's circle. The horse to beat in my eyes.

6. SWISS FRIEND (NY)(F) (DD-Dave's Friend/DD-Swiss Skydiver (KY)) Life 3 0 0 1 10320
    TR: Bobby Dazzler BR: Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 102.50 Speed Rating 105.67 M/L 5-1
    She appears to be a stalking type who may try for the lead tonight. She only has 3 races under her belt and none are particularly impressive. Until I see real signs of life I must take a wait and see approach with her so I will pass this evening.

7. BUCKS GOLD (NY)(C) (DD-Buckpasser (KY)/DD-Expo Gold (KY)) Life 8 1 3 3 90055
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 107.50 M/L 2-1
    Very consistent horse who has been installed as the morning line favorite. Every one of his races has been over this distance and he has hit the board in 7 of 8. His best efforts have come from inside posts but he must be considered a major player this evening.

My selections: 5-7-4-3
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X