t *Eliminator Semi Final 4yo C/F Race #12 Belmont preview and analysis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t *Eliminator Semi Final 4yo C/F Race #12 Belmont preview and analysis

01/15/2022 14:50 12 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator Semi Final 4yo C/F
    Purse 85,000 (Plus up to 6800 for NY-breds), 4yo and up Colts and Fillies that have never won 5 races, Wt colts 124lbs, fillies 122lbs, entry fee 9,500

1. JAPANS KINGDOM (PA)(F) (Dazzling Kingdom (CA)/Dazzling Japan (NY)) Life 11 0 4 1 96070
    TR: Bobby Dazzler BR: Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 103.25 Speed Rating 106.91
    Versatile sort who has shown she can close or take the lead. The concern here is she has yet to find the winner's circle in 10 attempts. That being said she still must be considered a player this evening coming out of gate #1 will allow her to either take the lead or settle in nicely on the rail for the drive to the wire.

2. VULGAR DANCER (FL)(C) (DD-Native Dancer (KY)/DD-Sincere Vulgarity (KY)) Life 9 2 3 1 66000
    TR: Flip Farms BR: Flip Farms
    Horse Rating 104.75 Speed Rating 113.22
    This horse is certainly the speed of the race and should get a clear lead going into the first turn. I think he would prefer a shorter race but if he gets a big enough lead it might embolden him to hold off the late chargers. A major player this evening.

3. KNOCK ME OUT (FL)(G) (DD-US Ranger (CA)/DD-Before You Go (CA)) Life 4 0 1 2 30560
    TR: Chrisman BR: Shiftys
    Horse Rating 106.00 Speed Rating 107.75
    His last 3 races have been very good and he has been right there at the wire. He is a lightly raced 4 year old whose workouts are competitive with this field. He should be closing strongly in the stretch if he can find a racing lane. Must be considered as part of the equation tonight.

4. WATER JUNGLE (PA)(G) (Water Wizard/Queen Of The Jungle (NY)) Life 3 0 1 0 16960
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 100.75 Speed Rating 108.00
    Stalking type who should be near the front end of this race. His works are decent but he doesn't show much late movement and I don't feel he is strong to beat these, so I must pass.

5. HAVANA GOLD (NY)(F) (DD-Cigar (KY)/DD-Taris (KY)) Life 12 2 3 3 126845
    TR: Star Of The Desert BR: Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 106.25 Speed Rating 108.92
    She has found her stride as a 4 year old and rates the horse to beat tonight. She has 2 wins and a second place finish in 3 attempts in this series and has some blazing workouts which should put her right there at the wire. The horse to beat.

6. MILK MAKER (KY)(F) (DD-Devils Breath (KY)/DD-Yawkey Way (KY)) Life 3 0 0 3 27520
    TR: And More Racing Stable BR: Shiftys
    Horse Rating 104.00 Speed Rating 108.00
    Stalking type who looks just fast enough to get stuck wide the whole race. Appears to be a one paced horse and for that reason I must pass.

7. RUSSIAN RAIDER (KY)(C) DD-Russian Camelot (KY)/DD-Panty Raid (KY)) Life 17 1 6 4 126735
    TR: Extreme Studs BR: Extreme Studs
    Horse Rating 102.50 Speed Rating 111.53
    Another very fast horse but I don't feel he is as fast as some of those to his inside which might mean trouble for him. If he doesn't get the lead I would expect him to fade off the pace. Must pass.

8. DRAMA WAY (NY)(F) (DD-Dramedy (KY)/DD-Yawkey Way (KY)) Life 10 1 2 0 61600
    TR: Nemesis BR: Dynamo
    Horse Rating 107.25 Speed Rating 107.40
    She should be closing hard in the stretch if she can find racing room. That might not be an easy task from gate #8. I don't feel she is strong enough to win but a minor award is a possibility.

9. SUNDAY WALK (CA)(C) (DD-Sunday Silence (KY)/ DD-Beach Walk (KY)) Life 5 2 1 1 76925
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 103.50 Speed Rating 112.00
    Stalking type who will be near the lead tonight but I don't like his chances from out there unless he can find a way to get inside position. Too many horses inside of him also pushing the pace means he will not get position and therefore I must pass.

10. HOOF HEARTED BD (NY)(H) (DD-Shackleford (KY)/DD-Gamine (KY)) Life 10 0 2 5 64080
    TR: Bobby Dazzler BR: Bobby Dazzler
    Horse Rating 103.50 Speed Rating 107.50
    I think he wants a shorter race then this evening and like others in the race probably will not find a racing lane turning for home so I must pass.

My selections: 5-2-1-3
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X