Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Eliminator QF 3yo Race #26 Belmont preview and analysis

01/16/2022 15:35 26 Belmont DD 1m = 1600m Dirt Fast Eliminator QF 3yo
    Purse 51,000 (Plus up to 4080 for NY-breds), 3yo Colts and Fillies that have never won 4 races, Wt colts 122lbs, fillies 120lbs, entry fee 9,500

1. WINNING UGLY (KY)(G) (DD-Sound of Winning (KY)/DD-Hasili (KY)) Life 3 1 0 1 40880
    TR: Sweet Stables BR: Sweet Stables
    Horse Rating 104.25 Speed Rating 115.67
    He is a stalking type who should be contending for the lead early on and his position coming out of gate #1 has to help him tonight. He has been right there at the wire in each of the last 2 heats and must be considered a player tonight.

2. ARCTIC WARRIOR (KY)(C) (DD-Mandaloun (KY)/DD-In My Bag (KY)) Life 3 3 0 0 86075
    TR: Tri-City Stables BR: Tri-City Stables
    Horse Rating 108.75 Speed Rating 114.33
    He has had a pretty easy time in this series winning all 3 of his heats so far and I don't see that streak ending tonight. He must be considered the favorite tonight and perhaps the favorite to win the whole series.

3. SO MUCH TROUBLE (KY)(F) (DD-Knicks Go (NY)/DD-Shenanigans (KY)) Life 3 0 1 1 22640
    TR: Pancho Racing Stables BR: Pancho Racing Stables
    Horse Rating 103.00 Speed Rating 110.67
    She is a closer and should be running hard in the stretch. I don't think she can beat ARCTIC WARRIOR but I would be shocked if she doesn't move forward in this tournament.

4. MENTOS MINTS (NY)(C) (Mentos (NY)/Jungle Flyer (CA)) Life 3 1 1 0 43640
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman
    Horse Rating 101.50 Speed Rating 110.33
    Another horse with late speed in this race and the short field has to help his chances. He will not be leading early, that is for certain but if he finds a lane late he could easily hit the board, a player tonight.

5. SOUND OF SILENCE (FL)(C) (DD-Sound of Winning (KY)/DD-Delectation (KY)) Life 3 1 0 1 42920
    TR: Star Of The Desert BR: Star Of The Desert
    Horse Rating 97.00 Speed Rating 107.67
    This horse has been a surprise to his connections as he has mediocre workouts and his horse rating is far below that of the competition (97), but he has been running hard in the stretch and a minor award is a possibilty this evening.

6. SLEW OF COLORS (FL)(F) (Slew Inc (FL)/Into Colors (FL)) Life 3 2 1 0 70325
    TR: Induna BR: Induna
    Horse Rating 101.75 Speed Rating 113.33
    She has shown her versatility in this series, winning from off the pace or on the lead. My guess is tonight she will probably vie for the early lead and hope to hold off the closers. I am not sure she will have a running lane coming for home so I must pass.

My selections: 2-1-3-4
    STAR OF THE DESERT STABLE
    LAS VEGAS, NEVADA, USA
    HANDICAPPING DUD
Working...
X