• Show
Clear All

• Santa Anita Derby series rated 99 and below

1. Iron Princess - 5yo Mare
    HR: 96.75
    Career - 46 - 10 - 5 - 8
    Earnings- 274,800
    TR: Burky BR: Cowboy

This mare was bought for 7,500 and had a cracking last season winning plenty and making the final in this series, slightly disappointing re appearance but I wouldn't write this one off

2. Sholva - 3yo Gelding
    HR: 98.50
    Career - 23 - 5 - 2 - 4
    Earnings - 106,225
    TR: Sweet Stables BR: Black Ace

This 3yo Gelding was a another finalist in this series last season and finished 4th , has a solid race record looks sure to play apart this evening in this line up

3. Fixer Upper - 4yo Gelding
    HR: 98.25
    Career - 19 - 5 - 5 - 1
    Earnings - 196,480
    TR: AMR Racing BR: AMR Racing

Last year's champion in this series and he's back for more trainer made indications was going to be aimed at defending crown and certainly would not be surprised to see this one make the final once more

4. French Quality - 4yo Filly
    HR: 96.25
    Career - 19 - 3 - 4 - 3
    Earnings - 83,013
    TR: Sweet Stables BR: Sweet Stables

Made the console last season in this series, however has started this season series very well with a win and 2nd this horse looks the one to beat tonight

5. Code of the West - 3yo Colt
    HR: 99
    Career - 9 - 3 - 1 - 1
    Earnings - 52,930
    TR: Pancho BR: Cowboy

This horse has shown good speed and hasn't really run a bad race in 9 starts a runner from the champ trainer can not be ignored lightly

6. I look to You - 3yo Filly
    HR: 98.75
    Career - 13 - 3 - 3 - 1
    Earnings - 67,165
    TR: Pancho BR: Pancho

This filly broke the track record on 1st run this season seems to race better from off the pace, another that cannot be ruled out in this race

7. Dark Brown - 3yo Gelding
    HR:99
    Career - 2 - 1 - 0 - 0
    Earnings - 18,700
    TR: Chrisman BR: Chrisman

Unraced as a 2yo and he's trainer opted to go for this series the eliminator chrisman normally knows how to place he's horses and this Gelding was very impressive the way he picked up in the stretch in he's last race

Odds: 2/1 Iron Princess, 3/1 Fixer Upper, 4/1 Sholva, 5/1 Code of the West, I look to You, 6/1 French Quality, 7/1 Dark Brown
    Prediction:
    The 99 and under rated santa anita series gives a chance to horses they may not have raced This is a fascinating contest with 3 finalist from last season taking part including last year's champ Fixer Upper who gets my margin vote to get the win here , there are plenty of dangers French Quality looks even better this season so is a serious threat, I look to you and dark brown are 2 types which have shown good form and are sure to play their part in this contest

3 - 4 - 7 - 6
    Last edited by Dynamo; 09-14-2022, 08:21 AM.
Working...
X