Going for 5 in a row

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going for 5 in a row

My ex-real-life filly Judicious will try to win her 5th in a row tomorrow and extend her record to 6 wins in 9 starts. She is in the 7th at Del Mar. Wish her luck.

good luck...she is very talented.What do you mean ex filly?

Comment

She get claimed or something? Do you think she will win??
      Joe

Comment

lessons learned

Judicious was claimed away on July 3. I learned a lesson about racing partnerships- when they make all of their money up-front marking up the cost of the horse they are motivated to "flip" the horses very quickly and try to sell you another. I threw a fit when Judicious was put in a claimer for $12.5k, but we were lucky and no one claimed her that day. We lost her next out for $20k, she won and was claimed again for $25k, and then won again for those folks at $32k. Today she is in an allowance/optional $40k.

Here is the vid of her last race at Del Mar where she won for $32k

http://youtu.be/Xb2SGy6iLLg

Comment

Looks like she got 3rd today, still not a bad showing stepping it up in class and still getting 3rd..Be glad she didnt go for 12.5...
          Joe

Comment

yep

Originally posted by The 16th Pole Racing Inc
            Looks like she got 3rd today, still not a bad showing stepping it up in class and still getting 3rd..Be glad she didnt go for 12.5...
            The horse that won had raced in G3 stakes races and was very much the best. Judi did well, but I think that level may be at or just past the limit of her ability.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a high level claimer/low level allowance horse with lots of heart. Congrats on owning a nice horse Must be a great experience watching a real one run and win! I get excited on here, I can only imagine owning a real one
              Joe

Comment

Working...
              X