Knoxville

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoxville

I bought a share in this horse along with Nigel (who trains him) and others. I think I own the tail and half of one of his front legs. He raced in Sydney a few times with a couple of placings before we purchased him and brought him out to race here locally. He has had 2 starts for us. First up was a 5f sprint which was too short but he still placed. His second start (9/11/2011) he was weighted at 59.5kg (just under 130lbs) and I have linked the race here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tB3QK1l1Ds

Also, to note, the racecaller is none other than Shane who plays Digital Downs as Polaris Bloodstock. Knoxville has his next start in a couple of weeks.

Norm
    Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

That was a good control of the pace there...nice race..What level is this horse running at??Looks like that half a leg you own was all it won by..LOL
    Joe

Comment

Even though he has just turned 4yo, he is very green. The jockey said that when he hit the front at the top of the stretch, he seemed lost as to what to do next. It wasn't until that horse came up on his inside that he buckled down. I guess in DD terms the race was equivalent to a 10K Claimer.

Norm
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

You going to be stepping him up in class next time out??
        Joe

Comment

To promote local racing, they have a bonus scheme which you pay a once only fee of $1200 prior to the horse starting in Northern Territory (a bit like the DD bonus scheme). The bonus prizemoney is allocated on one race per raceday and it can be for different classes/distances.

Knoxville is entered for the same class/distance as last time but it will also be a bonus scheme race. Because he won last time in this class, his weight will go up, probably to 62.5kgs (135lbs) but he will be ridden by an apprentice who can claim 5lbs. Nigel says that he is getting better every day, but then again what trainer wouldn't say that about all their horses

If he wins this race (including the bonus money) we will have recouped all our outlays. Not bad, seeing we only got him 3 months ago.

Stay tuned.

Norm
          Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Good luck
            Joe

Comment

Knoxvillie runs again today (around 2:30am US EST). Doesn't look like there will be much value, betting-wise. Odds are based on $1 unit and in Australia, 2nd and 3rd place pay the same. Has an apprentice aboard which will bring his weight down to 59kgs (130lbs approx.)

http://tatts.com/racing/2011/10/16/DR/2

Norm
              Last edited by Getting Lucky Lodge; 10-15-2011, 10:32 PM.
              Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Good luck
                Joe

Comment

He finished a disappointing 3rd. From my DD experience I would sack the jockey. She had it in the 'death seat' rounding the turn with a high weight and just plodded home. All DD stables know that you have next to no chance of winning a 6f sprint from this position
                  Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Working...
                  X