So You Think

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So You Think

This is a question to all the members out there, So you think is running on sunday in the Prix De L´Arc De Triomphe over 1 1/2miles, i love this horse but does anyone think he will be able to stay the distance and win.

I think he might but i am worried about the distance, the reason i ask is i have been watching him run everytime over here and have backed him everytime and won money just over £3,000. I want to put all the money i have won on him e/w, in this race as his odds at the moment are 5/1.

Anyone have any input...

Regards
    Speed doesn’t matter as much as direction.

He is an Australian horse formerly trained by the great Bart Cummings.Purchased a short while ago by Aiden O'Briens team,he is the best Aussie export since Vegemite and Kylie Minogue.He WILL run the 2400m without doubt.A great horse..by the way...they sold him 30 Million dollars.
    Last edited by Polaris Bloodstock; 09-30-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

He will handle the 2400 metres ok. He is an on-pace galloper and was handy to the lead in last year's Melbourne Cup (3200 metres), took the lead in the home stretch and led to the furlong pole before the weight and the heavy track got him, but he still held on for 3rd. Prior to that he had won 2 Cox Plates (weight-for-age) 2000 metres, one of the richest races in Australia.

5/1 is good value, Jim

So you think?... Yes I do think.

Norm
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Thanks, I have just put £2,000 Win @ 5/1 (Betfair 6.0) and £1,000 Place @ 5/4 (Betfair 2.26) on him.

Gonna be a great race whoever wins..

Regards

Comment

They are previewing the race down here as a great match-up between Workforce and So You Think. I see Workforce is quoted at 9/1. That seems very good value too.

Norm
          Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Jim

I hope they paid out on 4th place. SYT was ridden upside down to his normal style. I know the barrier draw was bad but I seriously doubt an Aussie jockey would have let him drift that far back. All his races in Australia, he was ridden close to the lead if not leading and he had some bad draws then as well. The German horse looked impressive. It paid 34/1 down here and the 2nd horse was 120/1.

Norm
            Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Originally posted by Getting Lucky Lodge
              Jim

I hope they paid out on 4th place. SYT was ridden upside down to his normal style. I know the barrier draw was bad but I seriously doubt an Aussie jockey would have let him drift that far back. All his races in Australia, he was ridden close to the lead if not leading and he had some bad draws then as well. The German horse looked impressive. It paid 34/1 down here and the 2nd horse was 120/1.

Norm
              Betfair when i put the bet on they where paying 4th so got some cash back. I have to agree with your comments, the jockey had him in the wrong place. After 3 furlongs i said to my mate he wont win from there, i knew he would run on but when he did you could see he was going to meet trouble.

Some of the early runners where dropping back and when he tried his move they got in his way and he had to switch twice. And when he got the gap it was too late..

Take nothing from the winner, but if SYT was closer he might have won..

Regards

Comment

Working...
              X