Statue's Angel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statue's Angel

This is the other horse I have a share in. I think I own both front legs and the tail of this filly. She was a problem child when she first came here from the South. Great trackworks but played up something fierce on raceday. She's certainly no Zenyatta but still gives me as much thrill watching her race. With a lot of patience and TLC from Nigel, she is starting show good form now.

This is her race from last Sunday, probably equal to a 7f 10K Starter Allowance in DD terms, carrying 127lbs. The racecaller yet again is Shane (Polaris Bloodstock).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZMyW4SHNs

Knoxville is topweight in the last race this coming Sunday. He should run well again after last month's win.

Norm
    Last edited by Getting Lucky Lodge; 10-12-2011, 12:30 AM.
    Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Looks like she has some good stamina. I like a horse then can go to the front and hold em off...
    Joe

Comment

SA runs again this Sunday. Up in class (20K Claimer in DD terms) but drops 7lbs in weight and runs a furlong less than her last start.

Norm
      Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

You all going to ask her to take the lead early again???
        Joe

Comment

She has been set for "Jockey Decides"
          Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Do you get the same jockey as last time out? Good luck, hope you find the winner circle again!!
            Joe

Comment

She is the stable jockey. Rides SA and Knoxville along with others in trackwork. Shane probably knows her better than I do, to my uneducated eye, she seems to lack race maturity.
              Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

SA ran 3rd in the small field which will pay her feed bill for a bit longer
                Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Shane says..

Nice to see you and to "touch base" at the races Norm.Statue's Angel did a good job today.She is a class or two below those horses at present.Her effort to chase them and run third was very good...and they ran fast time again.She is on the upward spiral,that is for sure..

Comment

Ditto Shane. Will be interesting next start, both SA and Knoxville run in the same race on Melbourne Cup day, combined 3yo/4yo race.
                    Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Working...
                    X