Handicapping Genius?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicapping Genius?

Bit quiet in here, so here is an interesting event that happened to me a couple of days ago.

It actually started a week ago when I wanted to bet on my real horse Knoxville prior to his race last Saturday. I opened a betting account online, a British based one, Bet365 who were offering a bonus $200 for a deposit of $200. Good deal I thought. Anyway, Knoxville won and I had another couple of winners which brought my balance to around $600. To get the bonus added, I had to outlay a further $25 in bets.

I had never bet on UK races so I gave it a try. I picked a race with 4 starters at Wincanton, wherever that is. I glanced through a form sheet that I found online and the favorite looked a certainty. It was a novice steeplechase and Bet365 were offering $2.20 for a dollar. Good odds for a certainty in a 4-horse race. So I bet $25 on the favorite, unfortunately I had fat-fingered it on my tablet and bet the wrong horse, the third pick @ $8.00. I wasn't too fussed because it would get me the $200 bonus for the account anyway.

The race was on around midnight local and I thought I may as well watch it and cry in my hot chocolate when the favorite romped in.

Off they went, a gruelling 3 miles jumping over 16 fences. The favorite went to the lead, with my accident horse moving alongside him and the other 2 horses were about 3 or 4 lengths behind. At about the 6th fence, my accident horse (AH) didn't jump it but went straight through it and the jockey did a great job to stay on but dropped back to last. The further they went, the further AH dropped back. The favorite was cruising along set for a certain victory so far out. The jockey on the 2nd favorite urged his mount forward around about the 6th last fence and got within a couple of lengths of the leader but overstretched and fell off the horse at that fence. With 2 fences to go, the 4th pick started to move up to the favorite who bungled that jump but still stayed on his legs. AH was about 100 yards behind them. At the last jump, 4th pick made a magnificent jump but must have hit a wet patch of turf, slipped and the jockey fell off. The favorite bungled the last fence but kept going, although he looked like he had hurt his leg and I swear he was jumping up and down on the same spot in the run home. AH scrambled over the last fence went past the favorite with 50 yards to go for an outstanding victory. Somehow I don't think he will ever win another race.

Better still I bet Starting Price which ended up @ 15/1 so I got back $375.00 for my $25 plus the bonus $200 added to my account.

Horse racing is an interesting game.

Norm
    "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

LMAO that is a GREAT STORY!! Made my morning...15/1 in a four horse race is one of those 100/1 bombs in a full field...WTG!
    Joe

Comment

BTW I seen Nigel was gonna get back into the mix..Have you talked to him? Are the Aussies gonna build an empire? lol
      Joe

Comment

Originally posted by The 16th Pole Racing Inc
        BTW I seen Nigel was gonna get back into the mix..Have you talked to him? Are the Aussies gonna build an empire? lol
        Nigel has resurrected GLL by himself. Will be interesting to see whether he can lift it up to its former glory.

Norm
        "There's a fine line between winning and losing... it's called The Finish Line"

Comment

mist cleanly mr Numb youse dud knot bee readings the pist dunn by the mr noodles.

four if youse dud, youse wood tab being seen dat, I Boris, arm now da mist grapest ass trainer at da GLL

dat is all

Boris
          Getting Lucky Lodge

Alice Springs, AUSTRALIA

Comment

Welcome back Boris,

My people will be contacting you soon about a Turkey Vulture outside my stable that I am interested in experimental breeding with. I was told you would be the one to talk to.
            ** at 21:06, Brian joined the Lobby...
            Brian Ta Das...

https://www.facebook.com/digitaldowns.us
            https://twitter.com/Digitaldowns_US

Comment

Working...
            X